Saturday, August 22, 2009

White Beauty

Went to my uncle's baptism last weekend.
There were people of different ages.

A senior woman approached my cousin,
gently touching her arm saying,
"Hi, it's been a while!"

My cousin smiled and joked,
"Yes, it's been a while, and you've turned into a Caucasian lady!"

Of course the woman is still an Asian woman,
my cousin was only referring to the woman's hair color.

I couldn't help looking at the white heads in front of me.
They reminded me of my graduation project last year.
And I recall hearing something like this somewhere:
No matter what color you are,
when we grow old,
we all have the same hair color
—we are all equal this way.

During my last year of school.
I was very fortunate to have a great visiting teacher.
She not only taught us well, she is very easy to look at and is very stylish.
Her grayish-white hair matches her beautifully (mind you, she is young to have gray hair).
I once thought she might look better if she had her hair dyed,
but then, I think she look way better this way.
She might have even intentionally dyed her hair grey with white highlights.
Very natural, very pretty.

When I grow old,
I would be very proud of my gray hair.
And later on, I would be even more proud of my whites.

3 comments:

To said...

I think my grey hair would make me look like an intellectual when i get older ahha

Pango said...

if hair turning grey means you are getting more intellectual, i think i'm going the opposite way... O_O. cuz i used to have a lot of grey hair in high school but as i get older i lose my white hair... in fact my hair is turning really brown... i think i'm getting dumber...

Candy Yung said...

i discovered my first white hair recently and my hair stylist pull it out for me...yikes.