Monday, January 28, 2008

Peter Callesen


Alive, but Dead, 2006

127 x 94 x 11,5 cm.

Acid Free paper, glue, acrylic paint, and oak frame



I LOVE THIS PIECE. Found this work when I was looking for inspiration. When I saw photos of this work, I was amazed at the craftsmanship-- the labor, the amount of detail that was added to it. if you look, for the most parts, both sides of the paper were colored. And I was further amazed that it was a GUY who did this. Wonderful.. (insert applaud)! He not only focus on the paper, the location of the pieces were also put into consideration when he was photographic-- guys this is what we need to do to photograph our work "in context." I enjoy looking at his other pieces very much, especially the Broken Vase, and the Angel. And he has a sense of humor too.. He can make paper-everything.. he has the ability to make paper like porcelain, apple, cement, wood.. etc.. he is a true paper engineer with pieces that takes your breath away. Seriously, I was holding my breath when I was scrolling down his site!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

kazu said...

peter is a genius!!!
i never knew about him until i read your entry and your absolutely right!
Im in awe and i can't get out of it.