Saturday, July 5, 2008

Rediscovering

A really really nice map i picked up at Interlaken, Switzerland.
A stack was just laying there in this internet place, underneath some broken glass.
What a waste.
Not only the illustration was beautiful,
so was the paper stock itself— rough in texture, flimsy but just strong enough.
i took two of those with me, being very careful with them,
because there's something very precious about them.
One I mailed home.

The other, I wrapped around a special book of mine,

called
Designerly Ways of Knowing by Nigel Cross.

I arrived home in Vancouver, and found this map of mine i've had for a year.
A National Geographic map i found in a thrift store.
The map just look too familiar to that one i've picked up during my backpacking trip.
Soon I realized they are both by a famous panoramic artist by the name of Heinrich Caesar Berann (1915-1999).

Another something I picked up along the way on my trip.
Loved the design of it. Very clean, clear and inviting.
It made me realize pink is not too overused, still.




Camille is a great inspiration.
Her passion to her music shines.
Would love to see her live.
http://www.camille-music.com/

No comments: