Tuesday, March 23, 2010

An Understated Escape

Trapped in the midst of high-rises and skyscrapers here in Hong Kong, it is hard enough to see the sky from the ground, never mind the sunset and sunrise.

Mo introduced us to this place called 白泥 (direct English translation: White Mud), a popular location where city dwellers enjoys the sunset. We took a short trip down Yuen Long on a nice Saturday afternoon before sunset.

We went a bit further than the usual route and stuck around to explore the neighborhood. I felt like I was in a rural part of China or something, though we were only an hour and a half away from the central part of HK.


Duck and you'll see

Looks like a haunted house

Have no idea what this means—anyone?

Villagers

Guess people here are not immune to the mosquitoes
and needs bugs spray too.


 Pucky found this weird-looking but beautiful tree

… with cute chubby branches and leaves

The new and the old

Think he spotted us too

Reflection

The calming wave

A spectacular view of the changing sky

We were chasing after the sun

 There you are :)

Love the silhouette

 Good night plants

They have different kinds of gates, all quite distinctive

The simple corner store,
with potato chips humbly displayed on a counter top




I have been so enthralled by the scenery, had almost lost track of time. It was quite an adventure; an escape from the traffic, the noise and the scents of the city. We are often too caught up in the time-bound environment, which is undesirable for a leisurely contemplation of the scenery. I enjoy these slow walks. They are quite meditating and I believe they connect us better with what surrounds us.

The above photographs were taken with my amature photography skills. Search on the internet for great photos from others (for example, http://www.fotop.net/pacific108/0885)!




A Special Note: CC has recently commented on my writing, which motivated me to write again. Thank you CC, I thought nobody reads my blog anymore and that's why I stopped.

1 comment:

To said...

hey love,
Thanks for the sweet words. Your photos are lovely - wish I could experience white mud with you.
A